The state Department of Transportation announced the following tentative work plan for this week.
Motorists are advised that all maintenance activities are conducted on a weather-permitting basis—and PennDOT asks that they drive with caution throughout all work areas and be alert for signed work zones requiring the usage of headlights.
Here is what to expect across the county this week:
- Slide repairs will be performed on Sandy Plains
- Shoulder cutting will be performed on Interstate 79
- Shoulder stabilization will be performed Burgettstown Florence Road
- Concrete crack sealing will be performed on Bishop Hickory Road/Main
- Bituminous crack sealing will be performed on Second Street
- Bridge replacement work will be performed Reissing Road
- Base repairs will be made on Prosperity Pike
- Drain, inlet cleaning and pipe cleaning will be performed on Avella Road, Park Avenue and Front Street
- Pothole patching will happen on Interstate 70
- A bridge-flushing crew will be working in various areas in the county.
- Signs will be updated, downed signs will be replaced, and work orders will be addressed on various state routes throughout the County.
PENNDOT has a 24-hour toll free number for residents to call to report any road maintenance concerns.
This number can also be utilized to report locations of dead deer on state highways. The number is 1-800-FIX ROAD (1-800-349-7623).