PennDOT Plans Ramp Closures
Here's what you need to know about the upcoming partial closure of the Houston/Eighty-Four exit on Interstate 79.
The state Department of Transportation has announced that the northbound ramps of the Houston/Eighty-Four exit of Interstate 79 will be closed for several days next month so that paving work can be completed there.
The northbound Exit 43 off ramp to state Route 519 and the northbound on ramp to I-79 north will be closed between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Sept. 12, 13, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
The following detours will be in place:
Detour for Interstate 79 Northbound to state Route 519 Northbound or Southbound.
- Head northeast on I-79 North
- Take exit 45 toward PA-980/Canonsburg
- Turn left onto Weavertown Road
- Turn left to merge onto I-79 South toward Washington
- Take exit 43 for PA-519 toward Houston/Eighty Four
Detour for state Route 519 Northbound or Southsound to Interstate 79 Northbound.
- Head west on PA-519 North / Hill Church Houston Road
- Turn left to merge onto I-79 South
- Take exit 41 toward Meadow Lands / Race Track Road
- Turn left onto Racetrack Road
- Turn left onto the Interstate 79 North ramp to Pittsburgh