PennDOT: What You Need to Know to Get Around
Here is the scheduled work for this week.
Washington County Maintenance Manager Jeff Breen announced the state Department of Transportation's work plan for this week. All maintenance activities are conducted on a weather-permitting basis, he added.
He asked that motorists drive with caution throughout all work areas and be alert for signed work zones requiring the use of headlights.
Here's what will be happening this week:
- Spot Milling will be performed on state Routes 18, 844, and 980 in the Atlasburg and Cecil areas.
- Bridge structure work will be performed on state Route 4031 in the Burgettstown area.
- A bridge-flushing crew will be working on various bridges in the county.
- Surface treatment and base repairs will be performed on Hill Place Road/Bebout Road, Sugar Camp Road and Thomas Road in Peters Township.
- Signs will be updated, downed signs will be replaced and work orders will be addressed on various state routes throughout the county.
Breen reminded motorists that PennDOT has a 24-hour, toll-free number for residents may call to report road maintenance concerns.
This number can also be utilized to report locations of dead deer on state highways. The number is 1-800-FIX ROAD (or simply 1-800-349-7623).