Peters Township School District Hosting Focus Groups for Superintendent Search
Your input is wanted. Here's how to get involved.
The Peters Township School District will host focus group meetings for the community "so that residents may share their experience and insight into the type of leader the district will need to successfully educate our students for the 21st Century," officials said.
The goals of the focus groups are to:
- Identify the qualities needed in a superior school leader
- Identify the strengths and skills essential for the next superintendent to demonstrate
- Identify key issues facing the district in the next five years that the next superintendent will need to address and
- Identify the obstacles to student achievement and the strategies the next superintendent will need to employ to overcome those obstacles.
Interested? Here are the dates:
Monday, March 11, 2013, Middle School Auditorium
- 11 a.m.: PTA Leadership and Members
- 6:30 p.m.: Community Leaders (township leaders, Character Counts, parks and recreation, civic leaders, clergy, League of Women Voters, education foundation, senior citizen groups, etc.)
Thursday, March 14, 2013, Middle School Auditorium
- 5 p.m.: Booster groups, creative learning collaborative
- 6:30 p.m.: General community
Friday, March 15, 2013, Middle School Auditorium
- 8-10 a.m.: Open forum for anyone unable to attend a previous session
- 2-4 p.m.: Open forum for anyone unable to attend a previous session
"All input is considered valuable and will be used in the process of selecting the
next superintendent," school officials said.