School Board Revises District Policies
The Peters Township School Board also approved a new hire Monday night.
In a special voting meeting held Monday, Peters Township School Board members met to approve non-certificated personnel recommendations. The meeting followed an executive session focused on “confidential matters.”
Board member Lynn Erenberg was absent.
The board approved the hiring of Vincent Belczyk—with a salary of $89,500—as business manager/board secretary for the district. A date for when he’ll replace current Business Manager Dan Solomon is to be determined. Solomon is seeking retirement.
Unanimously, the board also approved day-to-day non-teaching substitutes for the 2011-12 school year pending receipt of all compliance documents.
Following the special voting meeting, a policy committee meeting was called to order. The district’s director of human resources, Nancy McCann, walked the board through the revisions.
Thirteen district policies were revised, added or replaced, and one was eliminated. It was said that many were modeled after local high schools and colleges, including Carnegie Mellon University.
One in particular, a policy for Acceptable Use of Technology Resources, was deleted and replaced because it “spurred a need for change.” It was last revised in 2009.
Below is a list of updated policies:
- 5114.71 Acceptable Use of Personal Technology Resources—Students
- 4131.2 School District Employee School Board Relationships
- 4501 Employee Complaint Procedure (6/28/08)
- 4502 Harassment—Employee (8/4/08)
- 4503 Whistleblower (6/23/08)
- 4504 Smoking and Tobacco Use (5/19/08)
- 4702 Workplace Violence (8/4/08)
- 4703 Possession of Weapons and Dangerous Instruments (6/23/08)
- 4803.1 Drug and Alcohol—School Bus Drivers
- 4805 Misappropriation of District Resources (8/4/08)
- 4807 Progressive Discipline (8/18/08)
- 5127.2 Class Rank/Graduation Honors Revise
- 4803 Drug and Alcohol (5/19/08)
- 5114.7 Acceptable Use of Technology Resources replaces 5114.1
To review all updated policy descriptions on the district's website, click here. The next regular board meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 21.