When you're traveling Washington County roads this week, you may encounter some road work by the state Department of Transportation.
Wondering where? No worries. We have you covered.
Here's what you need to know this week:
PennDOT reminds motorists that all maintenance activities are conducted on a weather-permitting basis.
Motorists are asked drive with caution throughout all work areas and be alert for signed work zones requiring the usage of headlights.
- Slide repairs will be performed on Sandy Plains.
- Shoulder cutting will be performed on Interstate 79.
- Shoulder stabilization will be performed on Burgettstown Florence Road.
- Rock Lining will be installed on Hanlin Station Road in Hanover Township
- Bridge replacement work will be performed on Reissing Road in Cecil Township.
- Base repair will occur on East Finley Drive, Old National Pike, Jefferson Avenue and Reed Road.
- Drain and inlet cleaning will be performed on state Route 50. Scour hole backfilling on Cross Creek Road is also planned.
- Pipe replacement/repair work is scheduled for Raccoon Road in Smith Township and Deer Run Road.
- Pothole patching will be done on Interstate 70.
- The bridge flushing crew will be working in various areas in the county.
- Signs will be updated, downed signs will be replaced, and work orders will be addressed on various state routes throughout the county.
Just as a reminder, PennDOT has a 24-hour toll free number for residents to call to report any road maintenance concern.
This number can also be used to report locations of dead deer on state highways. The number is 1-800-FIX ROAD.