The weather may be Indian summer, but the calendar says the holidays are fast approaching.
So, you're looking for gifts without rushing out to the malls at the last minute? Here's an opportunity to find some distinctive items with plenty of time to spare.
The McMurray Rotary Club is holding its 10th annual Charity Gala on Saturday, Oct. 27, at Rolling Hills Country Club in Peters Township. The event runs from 6 to 11 p.m. and includes a dinner buffet, wine tasting, dessert bar, live music and a variety of auctions
If you're in the bidding mood, some of the items include these autographed entertainment-related goodies:
- Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band record album
- Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney record album
- Rolling Stones record album
- The Eagles sheet music
- Justin Bieber sheet music
- All 6 James Bonds in a 16-by-20-inch photo
- Taylor Swift 11-by-14 Photo
- Chuck Jones "Bugs Bunny" animation art
- Stan Lee "Spider-Man" animation art
From the world of sports:
- Troy Polamalu 16-by-20 "Fingertip Interception in the Snow" photo, framed
- Arnold Palmer 11-by-14 photo
- Dale Earnhardt Sr. 11-by-14 photo
- Hines Ward 8-by-10 "Diving Touchdown" photo, framed
- Mike Lange 8-by-10 framed photo, inscribed "Buy Sam A Drink and Get His Dog One Too!"
- James Neil 8-by-10 in black jersey, framed
- Evgeni Malkin 8x10 "color enhanced vs Capitals" photo framed
- Chris Kunitz autographed game-used Easton Stealth RS Hockey Stick from the 2011-2012 NHL season
- Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palamer 16-by-20 "Together at the 1965 British Open" photo, framed
- Neil Walker autographed baseball with display case
Also on the list is an 11-by-14 photo of American astronauts and a signed, 24-by-30 Pittsburgh skyline poster by internationally renowned artist Burton Morris.
Numerous other items will be featured in a combination of live, silent and Chinese auctions.
Those who attend also will have an opportunity to win a new car or $35,000 during the event's popular golf ball toss.
All proceeds go toward philanthropies supported by the McMurray Rotary Club, locally and internationally
Tickets are $65 per person. Call 412-266-2882. For more information about the club, visit www.mcmurrayrotary.com.