In operation for 10 years as the largest not-for-profit haunted house in Pennsylvania, Hundred Acres Manor in Bethel Park will open its doors for the 2013 Halloween season on, fittingly Friday, Sept. 13.
The Manor—officially located at 1 Hundred Acre Drive, Bethel Park, PA 15102, in Allegheny County's South Park—is considered by many critics, including those at TopHaunts.com and at HauntWorld.com, to be one of the world's best haunted houses.
Hundred Acres is also a top philanthropic organization, as proceeds from the yearly attraction benefit two major charities in western Pennsylvania—the Homeless Children's Education Fund and Animal Friends.
Ranked as the No. 1 Charitable Haunt in the United States by Tonic.com, Hundred Acres Manor and its predecessor have raised approximately $2 million for their charities since 1992.
Hundred Acres is run primarily by volunteers who construct and operate the haunted house while also performing as zombies and monsters.
"While we're proud to say we're ranked one of the top haunts by many respected industry names," Hundred Acres CEO and President Ted Sobek said in a news release, "our longtime work with local nonprofits is what really sets us apart from the others.
"We like that our guests can have fun and enjoy our terrifying attractions while also keeping in mind that their ticket proceeds are going to support a great cause."
Ticket prices for "victims" are as follows:
- General admission tickets cost $18 each.
- For $20 each, Scare Saver V.I.P. admission grants guests front-of-the-line access and reduced wait time. The Scare Saver V.I.P. admission is valid during operating season on only Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. These tickets are available only online.
- At $25 per guest, regular V.I.P. admission grants guests front-of-the-line access and reduced wait time and is valid during all nights of operation, including Fridays and Saturdays. Only a limited amount of regular VIP passes are sold each evening.
- Super V.I.P. admission is for the ultimate thrill seeker, and for $35 per guest, it grants guests preferred parking, access to the front of the line and an official Hundred Acres Manor souvenir T-shirt, while supplies last. Only a limited amount of Super VIP passes are sold each evening.
- There are a number of individual and group discounts that can be applied, such as student and military. You can also host a party in the Manor's VIP Room. Click here for discount and party details.
- *All admission is for one night only. Multiple nights must be bought separately.*
- *On-site ticketing is CASH ONLY; however, an ATM is on-site. Manor officials encourage buying tickets online.*
Days/hours of operation:
- The Manor will be open from Sept. 13-15, Sept. 20-22, Sept. 27-29, Oct. 2-6, Oct. 9-13, Oct. 16-30 and Nov. 1-2. Hours of operation are from dusk (approximately 7 p.m.) until 10 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, and from dusk until 11:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- *These times are on-site box-office times only. If you have already purchased your ticket and are in line after the on-site box office closes, you will still be granted admission.*