October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and whether you love to shop, attend events, walk or run, there are tons of different ways to support the cause. Check out the list below of opportunities to go pink in Pittsburgh and beyond:
- If you're headed to GroveCity Premium Outlets, stop by the Information Center near the food court and donate $10. The outlets have teamed up with Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and when you donate, you'll receive 25 percent off one item from select stores. Donations will be accepted on-site only via cash or credit, and all proceeds benefit Komen Pittsburgh. Info is on the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pittsburgh website.
- Wacoal will sponsor its Fit for the Cure program at Macy's department stores, to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. For every woman professionally fitted at these events, Wacoal will donate $2 to Komen for the Cure. The Macy's at South Hills Village Mall will participate on Oct. 13 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Info is on the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pittsburgh website.
- Grease Monkey on Pike Street in Canonsburg will donate $2 to Komen Pittsburgh for every vehicle serviced. See the Grease Monkey website for more info.
- If you buy any CoGo's refillable coffee mug this month, CoGo's will donate .50 cents to Komen Pittsburgh. There is a CoGo's on Potomac Avenue in Dormont. More info is on the CoGo's website.
- The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Greater Pittsburgh walk is happening Saturday, Oct. 6 on the North Shore. Click here for details.
These are just a few of many, many awareness events happening this month. If you know of another one, please share in the comments section or post the event on the Peters Patch Events Calendar or Announcements Page!