Have you heard the great news? The Patch app for iPhone is finally here!
Now you can take Patch with you wherever you go and stay current on what’s happening in your neck of the woods. You can read articles, share comments, save events straight to your phone’s calendar and more.
The Patch app is sleek, easy to use and green. It’s available to download for free online via iTunes or through your phone’s App Store.
Our super-cool new Patch app got us thinking… While there are many useful apps that help people better organize and enjoy their lives, there are also some pretty strange ones out there. So, we compiled a list of some of the oddest apps we’ve found.
1. Sasame Kisscomi (for iPhone) by Tachyon. Pucker up and practice your kissing skills by smacking lips with an onscreen character—this app has you actually kissing your phone. Sloppy kissers beware!
2. Period Calculator (for BlackBerry) by MobiDala. This app helps you calculate the dates of your next menstrual period. Sorry fellas, this app is for the ladies—though, I guess you could use it to predict your gal’s mood swings.
3. Pull-Ups iGo Potty (for iPhone and Android) by Joule. Help your toddler learn good potty habits with this app’s potty reminder and tracking features. I’m a little scared to see the graphics for this one.
4. Designated Dialer (for iPhone) by Phase2 Media. Designed to prevent drunk dialing, this app won’t let you call certain contacts unless you can confirm your sobriety by successfully playing a game. Yeah, good luck if you’re trying to call someone for a ride home!
5. Fartbot 3000 (for Android) by LOUDapps. The whoopee cushion goes virtual with this fart-noise app. Thank goodness smells aren’t included.
6. ClearMySkin (for Blackberry) by richard interdonato. Use your phone’s backlight to administer phototherapy treatments that rid your skin of acne. What’s next, the sunless-tan app?
7. X-Ray Scanner (for Android) by KreCi.net. You can’t really turn your phone into an x-ray scanner with this app, but you can practice to make it look like you did. And, if you find anyone who believes it’s a real x-ray scanner, send them my way because I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn I’m lookin’ to sell.
8. Annoy-A-Teen (for iPhone) by CJKAapps. This app makes your phone emit a high-frequency sound that is particularly painful for teenagers to hear. As if teenagers don’t already have enough to worry about these days.
9. AntiMosquito (for BlackBerry) by PhoneAppsPro. This app causes your phone to produce a low-frequency sound that makes mosquitos fly far, far away. I guess you could use this in conjunction with the Annoy-A-Teen app to rid yourself of all pests?
10. Metal Detector (for Android) by Goddchen. Turn your phone into a metal detector with this app. No thanks, I’ll wait for the Stupid-App Detector app.
Android users, our developers assure us that a droid app is on its way. We’ll let you know as soon as it comes out.