According to a study by The Washington Times, U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Upper St. Clair) is the fifth worst boss on Capitol Hill.
The Washington Times analyzed a decade of congressional pay records to find the offices with the highest turnover rates and it found that Murphy has a 42 percent average turnover rate, peaking at 64 percent in 2006.
Four other representatives had turnover rates higher than Murphy:
- 53% Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, Texas Democrat
- 47% Rep. Betty Sutton, Ohio Democrat
- 46% Rep. Michele Bachmann, Minnesota Republican
- 43% Rep. Jane Lakes Harman, California Democrat
- (tied) 42% Rep. Tim Murphy, Pennsylvania Republican; 42% Rep. Pete Olson, Texas Republican
Murphy won his sixth term as Congressman in November.