As part of 's current effort to update the 2001 Comprehensive Plan, it will hold a public open house for "Plan Peters 2022: Our Community, Our Future."
The event, scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 19, will take place in the cafeteria from 6-9 p.m.
The planning staff and consultant team will be present to showcase the current findings of the research and analysis conducted to date. Attendees are free to come and go as they please during the event.
The consultant team will conduct two formal presentations—one at 6 p.m. and the other at 7:30 p.m.
Some of the information that will be presented includes:
- Demographic characteristics: population trends and income levels
- Housing characteristics: housing types, mix and values
- Land Use characteristics: percent of land use by category and development character
- Economic characteristics: employment figures and market opportunities
- What other communities are doing to remain resilient, desirable and relevant
In addition to the presentations, various stations will be set up with information, charts, graphs and comment cards. The public is welcome to attend and review the information, speak with the consultants and staff, and share their concerns, ideas and perspectives about their future vision for Peters.
For more information, you can visit the project website at www.planpeters.com or contact Grant Shiring, land use planner, at 724-942-5005.
Revisit the committee introduction and project kickoff .